USB Interface Experiment Board Electronic Kit K8055N
USB Digital and Analog Input Output Interface
The USB interface board kit K8055N is an update to the older K8055 kit. K8055N works with the newest computer operating systems. Includes 5 digital input channels and 8 digital output channels. In addition, there are two analog inputs and two analog outputs with 8 bit resolution. The number of inputs/outputs can be further expanded by connecting more (up to a maximum of four) cards to the PC's USB connectors. All communication routines are contained in a Dynamic Link Library (DLL). You may write custom Windows (XP, Vista, Windows7) applications in Delphi, Visual Basic, C++ Builder or any other 32-bit Windows application development tool that supports calls to a DLL. Source code examples for Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual C#, Excel, Delphi and Borland C++ builder are available.
This is an advanced skill level electronic kit. User assembly of all components and soldering is required. Also available as the factory assembled USB Interface Experiment module VM110N.
Hardware and software are backwards compatible with earlier versions of K8055 and VM110.
For a more advanced USB interface board with 33 inputs and outputs (analog and digital + 1 PWM) see the USB Input Output Interface Board kit K8061.
- Minimum system requirements:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- USB1.1 or higher connection
- Windows XP or later
- CD ROM drive and mouse
- Diagnostic / Test Software:
- separate output / input test
- clear all / set all function
- counter function on inputs 1 and 2 with adjustable debounce (max 20kHz depends on total I/O load)
- analog output set sliders
- analog input bar-graph indication
- also available in pre-assembled USB Interface Card VM110N version
- 5 digital inputs (0= ground, 1= open) (on board test buttons provided)
- 2 analog inputs with attenuation and amplification option (internal test +5V provided)
- 8 digital open collector output switches (max. 50V/100mA) (on board LED indication)
- 2 analog outputs:
- 0 to 5V, output resistance 1K5
- PWM 0 to 100% open collector outputs max 100mA / 40V (on board LED indication)
- general conversion time: 2ms per command
- power supply through USB: approx. 70mA
- diagnostic software with DLL included
- USB interface board dimensions: 5.7" x 3.5" x 0.8"
- K8055, K8055N, VM110, VM110N iPhone and Android applications
iPhone application for K8055, K8055N (kits) or VM110, VM110N (assembled) USB Experiment Interface Board.
- From now on you can control all your home applications from anywhere you can access the Internet on your iPhone. No network configuration is required !
Download the application here: K8055/VM110 iPhone Application download
© 2010 Damien Walsh
The Client software can be downloaded from: Client software
- K8055, K8055N, VM110, VM110N Android-application
This is an Android version of the demonstration app used for the Velleman K8055, K8055N, VM110 & VM110N USB Experiment Interface Board.
Download the application here: K8055/VM110N Android application
© 2011 John Marshall
USB Interface Experiment Board Kit Download Manuals:
Quantity 1 to 9 $ 44.95
Quantity 10 or More $ 41.89