Quad Triac Switch Card Electronic Kit K2634
For switching high voltage AC circuits with low power DC control signals, solid state triacs have significant advantages over mechanical relay technology. Relays are relatively slow and the contacts have a short life span. Triacs switch very fast with no contact arcing.
The K2634 quad triac switch card galvanically isolates the input signals from the outputs with four optocouplers. Because the inputs are controlled by current instead of voltage, they are less sensitive to interference, so the triac card may be mounted near the load and relatively far from the control circuit.
The control inputs can come from any circuit which can provide a minimum of 10ma of current, or the card can be paired up with other useful cards like the 10-channel 2-wire remote control K8023, the 8-channel keypad K8046, or the USB experiment board K8055.
- 4 triac outputs
- inputs galvanically isolated from outputs by optocouplers
- LED indicators are provided
- output load: 24V to 240VAC, 0.5A uncooled (4A if cooled)
- input control current: 10ma to 20ma DC
- dimensions: 3.1" x 3.5" (78 x 90mm)
- recommended power supply: 9V 200ma power adapter
- electronic kit component level assembly and soldering required
K2634 manual (266 KB)
Quantity 1 to 9 $ 20.95
Quantity 10 or More $ 19.50