ESD Wrist Strap Tester EX498
Test Anti-Static Wrist Straps & Ground Cords
The portable anti-static wrist strap tester model EX498 performs instant testing of ESD wrist straps and ground cords as part of your ESD compliance verification program.
How to use the wrist strap tester:
- The operator performs the test while wearing the wrist strap as normal.
- Insert the banana plug end of the wrist strap ground cord into the jack located on the front of the wrist strap tester.
- Push and hold the metal button on the wrist strap tester for several seconds.
- The tester measures the resistance of the ground path from the skin of the operator through the wrist strap and ground cord.
- A properly operating wrist strap will display a "GOOD" LED indication. If either of the "LOW" or "HIGH" red LED's light, and the audible indicator sounds, then either the wrist strap or its ground cord is faulty.
- If either fault is indicated, the included test ground cord (shown) can be used to isolate the fault to either the wrist strap itself, or the original wrist strap ground cord.
- The faulty piece should be replaced.
- small size, cordless, portable battery operation
- tests all standard ESD wrist straps
- provides visual pass/fail LED indication as outlined in table below
- audible and visible test indication
- simple push button test
- includes: wrist strap tester, test ground cord, and instructions
|LED Display||Resistance Value (±10%)||Indicator Status|
|GOOD (Green)||800KΩ to ~ 9MΩ||ON|
|HIGH (Red)||9MΩ and above||ON|
|LOW (Red)||800KΩ and below||ON|
- tester is factory set to "pass" wrist straps between 800KΩ to 9MΩ. Calibration is made via 2 internal potentiometers.
- accuracy: ±10%
- net weight: 5.2oz (145g)
- dimensions: 2.8in W x 3.54in L x 1.1in T (7.1cm x 9.0cm x 2.8cm)
- operating voltage: 9V DC battery (not included)
Quantity 1 to 9 $ 54.95
Quantity 10 or More $ 49.50