28 Pin ZIF Socket 28PZIF
Zero Insertion Force
ZIF or "Zero Insertion Force" sockets are commonly used for programming, testing, or burn-in, of integrated circuit (IC) chips. The 28PZIF socket accepts insertion of 300mil or 600mil width "dual In-line package" (DIP) ICs.
Operation: Raising the small lever opens the electrical contacts on the top of the socket allowing "drop in" insertion of a DIP type IC chip. Lowering the lever closes the socket contacts on the legs of the IC making temporary electrical connections. After testing or programming, raising the lever again re-opens the contacts to release the IC.
Construction: The bottom of the ZIF socket has conductive pins that fit a standard 28 pin, 600mil width IC footprint. The socket may be inserted into solderless prototyping bread boards, or permanently soldered onto circuit boards.
We also carry 40 pin ZIF sockets.
- ZIF (zero insertion force) design
- contacts: 28
- lead pitch 0.1" (100 mil)
- an ideal IC test socket
- accepts universal DIP IC widths .300/.600inch (7.62/15.24mm) with 0.1inch lead pitch (2.54mm)
- maximum socket width .875inch (22.23mm)
- socket length (lever up) 1.94inch (49.28mm)
- total length (lever down) 2.5inch (63.5mm)
- height (lever down) 0.438inch (11.13mm)
- total height (lever up) 0.75inch (19.05mm)
Quantity 1 to 9 $ 19.89
Quantity 10 or More $ 17.99