Electronic Ignition Module Kit K2543
Upgrade Old Cars With Transistor Assisted Ignition
Ignition module kit K2543 is used to "upgrade" older vehicles using the antiquated breaker points and condenser, with a modern "transistor assisted" ignition system. Though it still makes use of the contact breaker points, the new ignition module will produce faster switching speeds, and reduce arcing across the breaker point contacts. Reduced arcing means much less wear and tear on the contact points, less wasted energy, and more power delivered to the spark plugs.
Help the old clunker run more like a new car. Electronic ignition will help the engine start easier and run smoother, particularly at very high and very low RPM. The increased efficiency helps to reduce fuel consumption and emissions, and lowers tune-up servicing costs. Drive economically, drive electronically. Only for vehicles with negative ground.
User assembly of electronic components and soldering is required.
- easy to install: Only four wires
- factory ignition connections are simple to restore
- reduces wear of mechanical breaker points
- results in improved coil performance
- suitable for gasoline engines with 2 to 8 cylinders
- assembly and installation manual provided
- max current: 4A
- connection speed: up to 500kHz
- PCB dimensions: 2.8" x 1.4" (70 x 35mm)
- recommended housing: electronic enclosure G304
- tested on 2, 4, 6, 8 cylinder engines for a total of 1,553,000 miles (2,500,000 km)
- supplied with all parts for 12V negative ground systems
- For use on a 6V negative ground systems, replace the following resistors (obtain and use the values below):
- R1 and R2: 150 ohm 1W
- R3: 68 ohm 1/4W
- R5, R6 and R7: 68 ohm 1W
- electronic kit assembly and soldering required
Quantity 1 to 9 $ 22.19
Quantity 10 or More $ 19.99