USB Interface Experiment Board Electronic Kit K8055
Advanced Skill Level
USB Digital and Analog Input Output Interface
The USB interface board kit K8055 has 5 digital input channels and 8 digital output channels. In addition, there are two analog inputs and two analog outputs with 8 bit resolution. The number of inputs/outputs can be further expanded by connecting more (up to a maximum of four) cards to the PC's USB connectors. All communication routines are contained in a Dynamic Link Library (DLL). You may write custom Windows (98SE, 2000, Me, XP) applications in Delphi, Visual Basic, C++ Builder or any other 32-bit Windows application development tool that supports calls to a DLL. See the updated usb interface kit K8055N for use with newer operating systems.
This electronic kit is rated a skill level of 4 by Velleman. (Advanced) Assembly is required. Also available as the pre-assembled USB Interface Experiment module VM110N.
For a more advanced USB interface board with 33 inputs and outputs (analog and digital + 1 PWM) see the USB Input Output Interface Board kit K8061.
- System requirements:
- Pentium class CPU
- USB1.0 or higher connection
- Windows 98SE or higher (Win NT excluded)
- CD ROM player and mouse
- Diagnostic / Test Software:
- separate output / input test
- clear all / set all function
- counter function on inputs 1 and 2 with adjustable debounce (max 2kHz depends on total I/O load)
- analog output set sliders
- analog input bar-graph indication
- also available in pre-assembled USB Interface Card VM110N version
- 5 digital inputs (0= ground, 1= open) (on board test buttons provided)
- 2 analog inputs with attenuation and amplification option (internal test +5V provided)
- 8 digital open collector output switches (max. 50V/100mA) (on board LED indication)
- 2 analog outputs:
- 0 to 5V, output resistance 1K5
- PWM 0 to 100% open collector outputs max 100mA / 40V (on board LED indication)
- general conversion time: 20ms per command
- power supply through USB: approx. 70mA
- diagnostic software with DLL included
- USB interface board dimensions: 5.7" x 3." x 0.8"
- K8055, K8055N, VM110, VM110N iPhone and Android applications
iPhone application for K8055, K8055N (kit) or VM110, VM110N (assembled) USB Experiment Interface Board.
- From now on you can control all your home applications from anywhere you can access the Internet on your iPhone. No network configuration is required !
Download the application here: K8055/VM110 iPhone Application download
© 2010 Damien Walsh
The Client software can be downloaded from: Client software
- K8055, K8055N, VM110, VM110N Android-application
This is an Android version of the demonstration app used for the Velleman K8055, K8055N, VM110 & VM110N USB Experiment Interface Board.
Download the application here: K8055/VM110N Android application
© 2011 John Marshall
USB Interface Experiment Board Kit Download Manuals:
USB interface board electronic kit K8055 is economically priced at:
Quantity 1 to 9 $ 45.95
Quantity 10 or More $ 41.89
Mail or FAX Order USB Interface Experiment Board Kit K8055
Go to ApogeeKits Home .